Teradata Studio Express 15.00 now available
Teradata Studio Express 15.00 is now available for download. Teradata Studio Express is an information discovery tool for retrieving and displaying data from your Teradata Database systems. It can be run on multiple operating system platforms, such as Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX. It is built on top of the Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) which allows Teradata Studio Express to benefit from the many high quality Eclipse features available while focusing on value-add for the Teradata Database.
- Aster 6.0 Support
Added support for the Aster 6.0 Database and embedded the Aster 6.0 JDBC Driver.
- Aster Smart Loader, Table Load and Export Wizards
Smart Loader, Table Load and Table Export Wizards now support the Aster Database. Users can invoke the load and export wizards from the Data Source Explorer.
- Aster Table Editor
The Studio Express Table Editor has added support for Aster tables. Users can invoke the Table Editor by selecting the table in the Data Source Explorer and choosing the Data>Edit Data option. The Table Editor supports paging and filtering of data for large tables.
- Teradata 15.00 Support
Added support for the Teradata 15.00 Database. This includes support for the 15.00 Teradata grammar in content assist, as well as support for JSON data types. Teradata Studio Express 15.00 has also embedded the Teradata 15.00 JDBC Driver.
- SQL Editor Enhancements
The SQL Editor has been enhanced to provide an Auto-commit toggle, Commit and Rollback toolbar options. This enhancement allows the user to manually manage the "commit" operation on their SQL statements. By default, the Auto-commit option is on. The user can toggle Auto-commit off and manually commit or rollback SQL statements to the database.
Another SQL Editor enhancement is the ability to link a SQL Editor window to a Result Set Viewer window. This allows the user to better manage multiple SQL Editors and Result Set Viewers.
- Disk Cache
Allows large objects, such as CLOBS, BLOBS, JSON, or large text data types to be cached on disk for Export, Load, and Editing.
Online Help can be accessed within the plug-in in two ways:
- From the main menu: Help > Help Contents > Teradata Studio Express
- Context sensitive help: When a user is in a dialog, they can hit the F1 key to retrieve help text sensitive to where they are within the dialog.
- Also, the Quick Tour provides a quick overview of Teradata Studio Express features. Go to Help > Welcome.
Reference Documentation can be found on the download page or at: www.info.teradata.com
- Title: Teradata Studio, Studio Express, and Plug-in for Eclipse Release Definition Publication ID: B035-2040-014C
- Title: Teradata Studio, Studio Express, and Plug-in for Eclipse Installation Guide Publication ID: B035-2037-014K